nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Follow-up reply to grafting question

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Follow-up reply to grafting question
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:33:57 +0000

Cummins is good. I've shared bundles w/ other NAFEXrs, rootstocks shipped
1/2 way cross country and still grow fine.

I'm puzzled by how the grafts could grow into whips and not die til June, if
the problem was bad rootstock material. I've seen potted trees w/
damaged/destroyed roots leaf out in the spring, but die pretty soon. I think
a better bet for trouble-shooting is to look at what happened on-site.

> Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 07:39:11 -0500
> From: ErdmanJ
> To: nafex
> Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Follow-up reply to grafting question
>
> Thanks for the responses to my grafting questions. My rootstock came
> from Cummins Nursery in New York. My potted rootstock all died while
> still in the pots.
> This year I got some Bud 9 rootstock from Fedco, and will see how those
> do.
>
> Jim

Spell a grand slam in this game where word skill meets World Series. Get in
the game.
http://club.live.com/word_slugger.aspx?icid=word_slugger_wlhm_admod_april08