nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Follow-up reply to grafting question

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Follow-up reply to grafting question
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:37:59 -0700

The description sounds like something attacked the roots. I have lost potted vines and trees to phytopthera at times, as well as root weevils. The latter are sneaky as it only takes one grub in a pot to strip all the roots. You might not even know there is anything wrong until the plant fails to leaf out. Then you find that the part below ground is a bare, barkless stick.
-Lon Rombough
For even more grape lessons, go to http://www.grapeschool.com
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com