nafex - [NAFEX] Spinosads questions

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Spinosads questions
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 16:12:29 -0400

1) I have some spinosad left over from last year. (part of a small 'home
and garden' preparation, maybe sold by Montgomery.) The label says to keep
it from freezing. It was in my garage over the winter, and odds are it
froze.

Is it still of any value?
How should I dispose of it? Just dilute it a little and pour the mixture
onto the ground?

2) I sprayed yesterday evening, because the weather is finally getting
warm, but I won't be home from work early enough in the evening for the
rest of the week to check if the winter moths have hatched. They did a
huge amount of damage a couple of years ago.

But it dropped below freezing last night. Would that 'kill' the spinosad?
Should I re-apply as soon as I get the chance? Or should that spray
provide protection for the rest of the week?

I sprays apple and blueberry.

thanks,
___
Ginda

  • [NAFEX] Spinosads questions, Ginda Fisher, 04/16/2008