nafex - [NAFEX] Spring

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Spring
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 07:19:53 -0500

Toni Pralle wrote:
Am I the only one who missed the memo that Spring would not arrive this year? If it snows ONE MORE TIME.........I'll be in a really bad mood!

Hey, some of us love it. I'm still making maple syrup. The Silver Maple and the Red Maple have gone to bud-swell so I pulled all of those taps but the Sugar Maple and the Box Elder (Acer negundo) are still flowing. Today will probably be the last day for collecting sap because no freeze is expected tonight. In a normal year I'd be done syruping a week earlier but this late Spring is wonderful; I love it.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups: