nafex - [NAFEX] Cornell's Synthetic vs Organi" fruit production study.

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Cornell's Synthetic vs Organi" fruit production study.
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 06:41:13 -0400

It's interesting to me all the response to this study. If you can make a living growing fruit here in the East organically do it and prove them wrong.  Michael Phillips, the often quoted guru of organic apple production has his orchard out of range of plum curculio and in my edition of his book was using a lot of conventionally grown apples to make the cider he sells.  The income from his orchard and cider press is augmented by a seperate job.

Maybe the technology has evolved to where organic is economically feasable for commercial fruit production in the east.  If so, I don't doubt that this will be proven by the adventurous growers who are striving to accomplish this right now no matter what Cornell research might indicate.  The organic movement will not be deterred by negative research, I'm sure of that.

  • [NAFEX] Cornell's Synthetic vs Organi" fruit production study., Alan Haigh, 04/14/2008