nafex - [NAFEX] Spring??

  • From: "Toni Pralle" <toni.pralle@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Spring??
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 14:08:26 -0500

>>Spring keeps coming
later and later but the weather stays nice longer in the fall. Last fall
we didn't have a frost until the last week of October. That's about a
month later than what I used to think was normal.>>

You're even worse off then I am, Steve! All the snow that's left here is on the north side of buildings or ditches protected by groves or shade of some sort. Every new snow has melted the same day or the next so far but I'm getting sick of having it every day! And you're right, I had a few garden things into November last year. Unheard of. I moved my grapes two weeks ago and ran into frozen ground in places. I felt bad moving them from the nice warm sun where they were to obviously a colder spot. So then I wondered if I had done the right thing. I have about half a dump truck of horse bedding to move yet. It was frozen in the middle two weeks ago. I thought having that for a project would keep me occupied and away from planting too soon. I'm always in the dirt way too early.

--
Toni in zone 4 Iowa USA
http://www.stopanimalid.org/