nafex - Re: [NAFEX] What if?

  • From: "Lori Rizzo" <larizzo@charter.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] What if?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 22:08:03 -0400

I moved from central Texas just so I could plant my gardens...would hate to
move to Florida. I ended up in East TN, but would have loved to have gone
to Western Virginia. Problem is, you have to have money to live there -
$500K average price for a home with no land within 30 miles of
Charlottesville. It's horse country, and very desirable.

East TN is o.k., though - VERY nice people. Soil is o.k., though I wish we
had a stronger winter. Looks like we will have another late "Dogwood Winter
Freeze" next week. Luckily, my peach-apricot hybrids I've nurtured from
seed for 3 years (got from the organic gardener in Austin, TX) are still in
pots and can be moved. Does anyone on this list have this hybrid?

Lori

Lori Rizzo, RN BSN MBA
Health Care Quality Improvement
Pet Training & Behavior Improvement!