nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cut down apples?

  • From: "ROBERT W JUDY A HARTMAN" <hartmansfruit@msn.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cut down apples?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 22:03:14 -0700

King is notorious for water core.  Some people love it.  Some people don't like it.  Grafting over to another variety your tree like like Doug suggested is a good way to go if the branching on the tree is good.  Go someplace where you can taste fruit like a fruit show to see what you like for beginners.  Here in the Pacific Northwest there are a lot of places where you can taste fruit (fruit shows).  Also like Doug was saying we don't know what kind of bugs you are talking about.  Can you be more specific?

Bob
Western Washington