nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Asian pears

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Asian pears
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 10:35:48 -0500

At 05:54 PM 3/16/2008, you wrote:
Bear Creak used to sell them on Harken or something like that and I have a couple trees from them that have done extremely well and survived -22 F about ten years ago.
That's Harbin pear, P.ussuriensis.
My original Asians, also from Bear Creek, are on Harbin. Of course, winter hardiness is not really a consideration here in hot zone 6 setting.
I've got several Asians on OHxF 513. I can't say that they're excessively dwarfing here - but, again, my winter temps aren't typically a challenge for them.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Cold Zone 6
AHS Heat Zone 7
Hopkinsville, KY

  • [NAFEX] Asian pears, Alan Haigh, 03/16/2008
    • Message not available
      • Re: [NAFEX] Asian pears, Lucky Pittman, 03/17/2008