nafex - [NAFEX] Citrus in pots and rootstock

  • From: "Harrick, Barbara" <b.harrick@ilslaunch.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Citrus in pots and rootstock
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:14:14 -0400

Hi Josiah and all. I have several mandarin oranges and a Meyers lemon in
pots (here in Northern Virginia)that stay in their pots (unlike Ginda).
I put them on the porch in the warm months and bring inside for the
cold. I believe they are all on trifoliate rootstock. Every couple of
years, I pull them out of the pots, trim back roots and top of plants,
add new soil and right back I the same pot. My oldest mandarin is about
7 years old.

I don't know about nurseries in Texas, but this link to a nursery in CA
has some really good info about growing citrus in pots.
http://www.fourwindsgrowers.com/

Also, have you talked to your local Cooperation Extension folks--they
will have lots of info for your area. Their citrus webpage is:
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/citrus/

Barbara Harrick

Barbara Harrick
Senior Technical Editor/Writer
International Launch Services
1660 International Dr., Suite 800
McLean, VA 22102
office (571) 633-7430
fax (571) 633-7536

DISCLAIMER
This electronic message transmission contains information which may be
confidential or proprietary information belonging to ILS International
Launch Services, Inc. and/or Lockheed Khrunichev Energia International
Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or the
information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the original transmitter
immediately by phone or by e-mail and delete the original message and
any copies that may have been made of it.

Message: 5