nafex - [NAFEX] Citrus Trees in Pots? & Texas Citrus on Trifoliate Rootstock

  • From: Linda Sherman <brazoshomestead@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Citrus Trees in Pots? & Texas Citrus on Trifoliate Rootstock
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 01:55:40 -0500

Hi to everyone,

Does anyone have experience keeping citrus trees with trifoliate rootstock in a pot? I'm too far north to plant my citrus in the ground. They are potted so I can move them into the greenhouse for the winter. I know flying dragon is preferred for pot planting, but wonder if anyone has had success with trifoliate.

Also, I am looking for a good source (in Texas) to purchase citrus trees on trifoliate and flying dragon rootstock and trifoliate crosses.

Thanks!

Josiah Sherman (age 16)
Central Texas
Zone 8