nafex - Re: [NAFEX] email stopped

  • From: "Robert C. Mullins" <mullins@gaelicmysts.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] email stopped
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 13:15:05 -0600

Not to unwrap this topic again, but sounds like a bulletin board service would solve Ray's and Del's problem. ;)

-rob

tanis cuff wrote:
Yahoo mail apparently got some kind of bug in its system which wouldn't allow
list-posts to be delivered. So, the mail from NAFEXlist bounced, and after
so-many bounces, the list de-activated your sign-up if you did not reply to
their notice in X number of days. Trouble is, the notice took X+1 or 2 days
to get thru, so your sign-up got turned off.

My yahoo mail gets repeated notices (1 every few days) to "please reply to this
auto-generated warning and we'll sign you back in", but it doesn't work. I think
it's back to square one-- just try signing up like you originally did to get onto the
listserv.

This is from a neo-luddite's point of view. I hope someone who knows more
will comment.