nafex - [NAFEX] Sib-C peach seed

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Sib-C peach seed
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:21:18 -0600

Doug Woodward said, "Siberian C is now regarded as obsolete for rootstocks. Those who want
something more cold-hardy than Bailey........................"

Doug,
Someone told me that before so I got some Bailey Peach seed from Harrow and quickly learned that Bailey will not stand up to Minnesota Winters. Every one that grew winterkills down to the snow-line every year, even after our mildest winters - A mild Winter here doesn't drop below -25 F. Sib-C, on the other hand, stands up quite well, even through our coldest Winters. Go figure?

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups: