nafex - Re: [NAFEX] backpack sprayers

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] backpack sprayers
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 23:50:17 -0500

You pump them while you're wearing them. A lever comes off the tank just under your left hand which you use to pump with. (maybe some of them can be set up the other way around). The spray wand is at the end of a hose that comes around on your other side. You spray with one hand and pump with the other. You pump them up before starting (but usually after you put the sprayer on your back), and then just pump occasionally as you spray to keep the pressure up; you don't have to stop spraying to pump. It doesn't take a lot of muscle.

Maximum height depends on the model. Ask the manufacturer. An extension wand would probably also help.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly