nafex - [NAFEX] backpack sprayers

  • From: Jerrydana5@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] backpack sprayers
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 23:03:23 EST

OK-how do these backpack sprayers work?  I have a "trombone" sprayer and have been very pleased with it.  The 2 or 3  gallon pump sprayers just don't have the power to get up to the tops of my trees, plus they have to be continuously pumped up again.  I can get to the tops of my trees with the trombone sprayer, but carrying the bucket around is kind of a pain.  I have about 28 trees.  How do you pump and re-pump the backpack sprayers?  They seem like they would be very handy, except re-pumping them.  And what is the highest you can spray? I need to trim some of my trees back, but will still need to get up probably 16 feet.  Jerry in southern Indiana