nafex - Re: [NAFEX] electronic and membership discussion

  • From: Claude Sweet <hortventures@cox.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] electronic and membership discussion
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:29:19 -0800

All that is necessary is to list the requirement of having a minimum connection speed, hardware, and software  that the user should have to utilize the electronic membership.

Logic would assume that individuals who LACK the necessary requirements would not pay for the electronic membership.

There will always be people who do not want to become part of the computer age and others that have a comfort zone with technology that they will not change. This is not necessarily age related.

Putting an organizations goals and objectives on hold because of alarmist warnings that the changes may cause some people to not renew has been used as a reason to prevent increases in membership dues for as long as I can remember.

Claude Sweet
San Diego, CA