nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Life time Membership

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Life time Membership
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 10:08:48 EST

In a message dated 2/16/2008 9:44:21 AM Eastern Standard Time, jfruth@tds.net writes:

Jerry,
  Re:  "Establishing a NAFEX Life Membership has been considered more than
once with the board, and dropped. Frankly I'm the greatest proponent and need support if this were ever to become a reality.,"
  What if a libraries order lifetime memberships?  Do they ever die
?

Hi Jim,

Glad to know I have a comrade for LTM. Yes, I served on the board when it was considered once. I was in favor, but nearly the only one.

If set up properly it shouldn't die, it would keep paying and growing. If the fee were based on actuary tables, no it wouldn't go on forever.  But actuary tables (fee based on age) make LTM fees complicated.  As a matter of policy I'd suggest LTM be in an individuals names only. So a librarian could purchase one for his or her lifetime, at their home address, not the employer.

Jerry

The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. Go to AOL Music.