nafex - Re: [NAFEX] raspberry crown borer

  • From: "Mark Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] raspberry crown borer
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:34:31 -0600

Hi Bob,

The problem is I don't know of any insecticides that are labeled for crown borer other than RU insecticides.  I think Lorsban was labeled at one time, but it's RU.  Stephen's suggestion is a good one except we have neighbors that have brambles so I'm going to have to live with borer presence.  It's not been really that bad yet, I've lost more canes to Rednecked cane borer (cut them out that is).  My thinking right now to attack this problem is to start pulling on canes in the spring, sometimes a weak cane will break where the borer is and you can get him that way.
Thanks,
Mark