nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Yacon anyone (OT?)

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Yacon anyone (OT?)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:07:46 -0800 (PST)

Naomi,  I guess there are a few of reasons.  1) To grow in amounts I would like to have would take up too much of my limited growing space. 2) Commercially available yacon might be available to me at seasons other than mine.  3)  I have limited space to store the crowns under refrigeration and limited space to start and divide sufficient plants during the winter for spring planting.

My neighbors think I am that gardening freak down the road already.  That doesn't prevent them from stopping by for samples, but I dare not plant more than I currently do  Expanding yacon means less supersweet corn or moving the gooseberries closer together or not getting that yellow autumn olive that just came on the market...

John

Naomi <dragon-star@cableone.net> wrote:
Why would you rather buy it than grow it?
Naomi