nafex - [NAFEX] Fruit bearing Seedlings

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fruit bearing Seedlings
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 09:10:14 -0600

If you want to grow fruit but don't want to spend alot of money per bush/tree, consider buying conservation seedlings. The only 'catch' is that you'd have to buy them in bunches like maybe $12 for a bunch of ten or $20 for a bunch of 25. There are bigger bunches.
I bought Beach Plum from the New Hampshire Division of Forests and Lands. They also have Bayberry, Chokeberry, Highbush Cranberry, Elderberry (black and/or red), Juneberry, Winterberry Holly, to mention a few. They also have shade tree seedlings. If you buy from the State of New Hampshire you can order in Winter for Spring delivery. I receive a hard copy catalog. Go to http://www.nhnursery.com .
Go to http://www.lincolnoakes.com/ for other items such as Manchurian Apricot, Chokecherry, +, +, +. Lincoln Oakes has bunches of seedlings from one year old to 5 to 6'. Everything is a dollar something or less per item per bunch. The down side is that you have to order in Fall for Spring delivery but I have, on occasion, called them in Mid-Winter to see if they had extra of something and they usually did.
Wisconsin has nurseries that will sell other items. Last year I spent a morning googling Wildflower Nurseries and finally found one that would find, and dig up, a bunch of Eastern Huckleberry.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] Fruit bearing Seedlings, Jim Fruth, 01/05/2008