nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Re: Pesticides Disrupt Nitrogen Fixation

  • From: oowonbs@netscape.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Re: Pesticides Disrupt Nitrogen Fixation
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 21:30:08 -0500

From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
I don't know if you all have heard that the price of N fertilizer is
supposed to double in 2008 over what it was last year. Some of it will be
demand for corn for ethanol production (which only comes even close to being
profitable due to US govt subsidies) but my son tells me that the real
problem is that we are running out of natural gas.

This seems to be the case.
Also, 1/2 of our N making companies shut down. Farmers who have N may
be ok. Those w/o solid contracts w/pricing are likely to have little or none.
I could offer links, but it seems to be easily googleable.
BillSF9c
More new features than ever. Check out the new AIM(R) Mail ! - http://webmail.aim.com

  • Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Re: Pesticides Disrupt Nitrogen Fixation, oowonbs, 01/04/2008