nafex - [NAFEX] Those practical farmers

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Those practical farmers
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 06:50:43 -0500

This seems to be a discussion about what constitutes "common sense" with practical as a substitute word.  Now common sense is an interesting concept- most everyone believes they have it and yet believes it to be a very rare trait.  My definition of common sense is pretty straight forward- "a quality possessed by people who share my opinions".

As far as being practical, many people would say trying to make your living out of the soil instead of an office in the 21st century is very impractical indeed, especially if you didn't inherit a farm.  Far more practical to engage in an occupation where you can afford to "waste" some time growing a few vegetables and posting commentaries on the internet.