nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Regulations shipping scionwood interstate

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Regulations shipping scionwood interstate
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:35:28 EST

Hello Mark,

These regulations have been the books for some time. It is difficult to intercept scion wood in small packages.

Twice I brought into the US Prunus material and had them in Quarantine at Beltsville for the duration. After they cleared (took 4 years in one case) I wanted the potted plants in addition to bud wood they sent. Even though the USDA was releasing them to Indiana, they needed the Phyto from Maryland authorities. That gave me a laugh. They do follow their own rules.

Jerry

See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)