nafex - [NAFEX] any new trials ??

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] any new trials ??
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 13:24:51 -0500

Is anyone going to trial anything new this Spring?
Anything you are free to discuss?
Any new fruit, plant, chemical or process?

I'm thinking maybe some of those little Plums that OKIOS place sells:

American Plum
Dunbars Plum
Beach Plum
Sloe Plum
Ussuri Plum

and a Pear, 'Stacey' from Maine. I have seen them in Fedco.
I wish I could experiment with Currants, but Maine won't let be bring them in. Rust.

I also have some Pequot Raspberries from Jim Fruth, here in the ground in MA.

Even some news on trials already in progress would be super.

Also, any new interesting Bee plants, etc.

Rosa Rugosa grows like mad in the Maine soil.
So does Artemesia Absinthium.

I tried eating some of the Rugosa hips. "Little orange bags of seeds'. Am I doing this wrong?

Finally, growing tobacco is like falling off a log. (use for bug control)
Just watch the Tomato Hornworms. They actually eat the stuff.
Plus, if you have a friend that dips, he'll like it too.

Murph