nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Keepsake Apple

  • From: sdw12986@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Keepsake Apple
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:35:04 -0500

If people refused to even taste them, either they had tasted them before and didn't want to try again or, they looked ugly to them or, they just didn't like the name. I'm betting that the biggest reason is the name. I wonder how unethical it would be for a person to sell it under a snappy modern sounding name?
It would be a fun experiment to have one bunch of Keepsake on one end of the sales area and another of the same on the other end but make up a new name for one bunch. You ... well, it's too late for you, Jim... lets say someone would find out real fast how much difference a name makes in sales.

Steve in the Adirondacks (who still calls the grafted branches of Arlet by that name)

    I had a Keepsake apple tree and when I took its fruit to a farmers'
market, I couldn't give it away. No one bought it and most refused to even
taste it - I don't know why. What has been anyone else's experience with
it?
Anyway, this year I sawed it off and grafted something else on it.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472