nafex - [NAFEX] Yuzu

  • From: Hilborn.E@epamail.epa.gov
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Yuzu
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 14:02:06 -0500

I am thinking of trying to grow Yuzu (Citrus junos). Can anyone comment
on their experience with this frost tolerant citrus.

I am particularly interested in if it has a pleasant flavor (I
understand that it is sour and primarily used for zest, flavoring and
juice).

I also would like to know if I could reasonable expect it to be free of
pests and diseases in humid, hot central NC.

Could I plant it outside of my fenced orchard - will deer leave a mature
tree alone?

It is advertised as surviving temps to 10 degrees F. I live firmly in
zone 7.

Betsy Hilborn