nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grape netting

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grape netting
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 19:05:44 -0600

I haven't found any dead birds in my netting, but I've found one dead snake
and found and rescued another only because the dog was barking at it. I had
to cut it out.

What, the rattles get caught in the net? :-)

This summer, I found one dead robin in a net I'd thrown over a currant bush. That taught me that I can't just let the excess netting lie on the ground. Next year, I'll try to tie up any extra netting into a neat ball. And keep the rest of it fairly tight and smooth.

Bill

--
Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. - Richard Dawkins