nafex - [NAFEX] Diane and Raspberry taste.

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Diane and Raspberry taste.
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 00:06:02 -0500

Hi Team;

Here in zone 6/5 Massachusetts, I have some Heritage plants.
To be honest, I neglect them during the year.
Usually they are a bit sour.
This year, I had some extra 10-10-10 so I chucked it in the general area of the raspberries.
They not only responded in plant vigor, but the berries actually tasted sweeter.
Could have been a coincidence.

Up north (Maine zone 4) at my other house I got a few varieties on trial, but two kick ass over the rest.

Polana is the earliest fall-bearing, with OK taste and yield.

Caroline is a week or two later, but a lot more fruit, sweeter, and hangs in there longer than Polana.
I will take note of this again, but it seemed that Polana did an OK crop, then quit, where Caroline kept going.

The Autumn Brittens haven't been impressive yet... one more year for them to #@$& or get off the pot.

You know you're going to have to try these 2 now; It's what we do. And we just can't stop.................

Murph