nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 58, Issue 25

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 58, Issue 25
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 01:02:55 -0800

It's an odor eliminator, Febreze. It contains a cyclodextrin, which are
dexterous at odor removal, essentially corralling compounds we would detect
as stinky within their donut-like structure. The odiferous compounds then
can't contact our receptors, so no smell.

Insecticidal soap works pretty well, but only against soft-bodied things.
Aphids, for instance. Might not be good for amphibians. I wrote about
those here before, sometime...

Ah, well. Just passing time while the last pie bakes. The pies explore
common fruits, pie pumpkins and Granny Smith apples...

Happy Thanksgiving,
Stephen