nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Total number of edible fruiits.

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch_mnd@dataone.in>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Total number of edible fruiits.
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 06:23:54 -0700 (PDT)

I am not a LEARNED neafexer by any stretch, but I wonder if the problem is that there hasn't been a comprehensive survey of edible plants?  I mean do we even know all the plants there are out there? Some plants may have only small parts that are edible (like saffron crocus). Some become edible after processing (leeching bletting. ect.). What do you call edible (regular food plants, starvation food, medicinals)?  There would just be to many factors involved in this evaluation. I wonder if anyone could give a firm number to this question.

Am I wrong here?
Any thoughts?

Robert

"Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch_mnd@dataone.in> wrote:
Dear all,

I once again request all the LEARNED nafexers to tell me the total number of edible fruits (preferably with some supporting reference).  My previous enquiry did not get enough response.

So please do write me back this time.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
186/3 Jail Road
Mandi  HP  175001
India
Ph. 01905-222810; 9418- 81323
e-mail: parmarch_mnd@dataone.in
www.lesserknownindianplants.com

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions.
----

Please do not send binary files.
Use plain text ONLY in emails!

NAFEX web site: http://www.nafex.org/

Southeastern Palm and Exotic Plant Society (SPEPS)
www.SPEPS.net
California Rare Fruit Growers
www.crfg.org