nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grapples, anyone?

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grapples, anyone?
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:01:25 -0500

A local supermarket is selling a 4 pack of grape flavored apples, called grapples, I think. Anybody know how these are produced or know anything about them? The package lists "grape flavor" as an ingredient.

Obviously, tastes differ, but I tried those last year, and they were some of the worst tasting things I've ever eaten. Well, I didn't eat more than a bite or two, then had to throw the rest out. And I'll eat just about anything, too. But these tasted like they'd been injected with cheap grape pop, or maybe Kool-Aid. Really vile! I couldn't taste the apple at all.

But that's just me. Besides, I think they were developed for kids, weren't they? Perhaps the average rug rat might be more likely to enjoy something like that. Hard to say.

Bill

--
I am a biologist. Like it or not, the Republican party is being led by religious zealots who are anti-biology, who publicly and vigorously oppose reason and knowledge and evidence in my field of study. - PZ Myers