nafex - [NAFEX] Q on crabapple

  • From: "Dianne Stephany" <iluvdanc@rochester.rr.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Q on crabapple
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:27:54 -0400

Title: My VistaPrint Electronic Business Card
Hi
We have a crab apple that is finally bearing fruit ; more precisely, had one apple on it. It was huge- about 4.5 inches in diameter, solid green, and fell off the tree unripe (or maybe was pushed off the tree by squirrels).  Anyway, my question is- do crabapples produce apples that are that large?  We got it 6 yrs ago as a whip so it might have gotten misslabeled.
What can I expect from it? more large apples - even larger ones? The taste was woody and astringent since it was still solid green..

thanks,
Dianne Stephany, zone 5, Rochester, NY

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.24.