nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Autumn Olive

  • From: "h black" <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Autumn Olive
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:22:18 -0500

Hi Michele,
Hidden Springs Nursery has some selections with larger berries and improved taste.   Run by my daughter so I have to give it a plug.  The smaller branches with leaves are excellent forage for grazing animals being very high in protein.  The plant fixes nitrogen very effeciently, so we use it as a nurse crop plant.   Hector Black, zone 6 middle tn