nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cold hardy rootstock and grafting

  • From: Del Stubbs <northernlights2n@yahoo.com>
  • To: "Neal A. Koch" <nkoch2@earthlink.net>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cold hardy rootstock and grafting
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 19:14:58 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Neal A. Koch" <nkoch2@earthlink.net> wrote:
> If I use Antonovka roostock with other northern varieties (Norland,
> Haralson,
> Honeygold, etc.)what problems will I encounter?

I have these and 80 more hardy varieties on M. Prunifolia, M. Renetka, M.
Antonovka,
B118, & B9.
I have seen no incompatibility issues in any of these 5 to 10 year old
trees, if
that is what you are asking.

> What time of year do I dig and mail bareroot plants to Duluth--zone 3b?

In Zone 3a I find frost in the ground till late April, So I'd guess
early April for
shipping to 3b, don't know how you'll keep them dormant though.
2nd hard frost of the season tonight. Del

Del Stubbs www.pinewoodforge.com zone 3a N. MN

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who
knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.