nafex - [NAFEX] Pear Use

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Pear Use
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:22:53 -0400

Hello Squad;

What to do with Jim's pears ?

It really depends (a little) on the variety of pear; is it a keeper? Most Aren't.

If it's for home use, pies and pear butter are terrific. Canning is easy enough......
If you're thinking commercial, then I would only sell fresh pears.

Although they have a wonderful, delicate flavor, it can be too delicate.
That's why I don't bother with them in any wine recipes, or Perry; it's delicious but too wimpy.

Last resort; drop them off at the church, and write them off at retail.
Some family will be glad to have them.

Murph

  • [NAFEX] Pear Use, Richard MURPHY, 09/10/2007