nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pear Use

  • From: "ROBERT W JUDY A HARTMAN" <hartmansfruit@msn.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pear Use
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:23:18 -0700

Some varieties are great for drying.  Our Sirrine makes excellent dried pears.  The pears are peeled and then cut in half and cored.  They are then put on the food dryer in the whole half.  They dry to a chewy consistency and are excellent.  Some pears are not sweet enough and don't have the flavor but the Sirrine does it for us and I am sure there are other varieties that will do the same.  They also keep very well.

Bob
Western Washington