nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Seckel pears

  • From: "Scott Williamson" <ScottW@acespower.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Seckel pears
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 08:14:42 -0400

>From my experience, 1 whole crop so not really much, they pretty much
ripened on the tree and I found I liked them better before they got too
ripe. They got too sweet for my taste when they were really ripe. They
start getting a reddish blush when they are starting to ripen.
Personally I just picked some and tried them at different stages during
the season so I know how I prefer them.