nafex - [NAFEX] Yellow Crab

  • From: "John Barbowski" <jbarbowski@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Yellow Crab
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:00:34 -0400

Hello All,

My Empire apple that I purchased from a reputable source has turned out to be a yellow crab(?). Does anyone have any suggestions regarding names and quality.
The fruit is approx two inches across and starting to get a pink tinge - probably ready in a week or so.

I am not a crab apple fancier and am wondering if it would be better to re-work the plant into something else - unless I have a 'gem' of an apple.

I did a Google search on yellow crab images and the only thing I could find was a pic in England - but no ID. (3rd pic)

I resized my JPEG's to GIF's using PIXresizer - hopefully, this will not tie up the pc's of slower modems. (did this work out okay?) The England JPEG was only 4K.

jmb

  • [NAFEX] Yellow Crab, John Barbowski, 08/15/2007