nafex - Re: [NAFEX] nurseries

  • From: Ginda <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] nurseries
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:00:52 -0400

When I've bought trees from Stark I called and asked about the rootstock.
The phone rep had to ask someone else, and then answered me. I have no
reason to thin they lied, and my dealings with Stark have been very good.

If there's some unpublished detail like how the rootstock was propagated,
and you care, call and ask.

note that Stark changed hands twice in the last decade. It had been a
long-time family concern, then it was sold to a really sleazy outfit that
owned lots of bad nurseries, and about two years later was sold to a
long-time employee. (i think I followed this story on what's now the
'dave's garden network' or something, on line.) except for the ~2 years
under sleazy-operator, I think it's been a pretty decent company.
___
Ginda Fisher