nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grafting bud shields

  • From: "Lee Sharp" <leesharp@cableone.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grafting bud shields
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 06:56:54 -0500

I tell people when giving grafting/budding demo's that after plants have 3 or 4 inches of new growth in the spring that the bark will slip. Last year I "T" budded a citrus plant in my orchard on 26 Sept. successfully which is the latest in the year I have done that.  I use budding tape only most of the time to wrap/seal "T" buds into place and remove it after 21 days. Do you still receive Email at the address listed in the SFF newsletter? You can contact me at the Email address list in that newsletter.

Lee Sharp
Ocean Springs,Ms,Zone 8b