nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Merced Farmers' Market

  • From: Michael Nave <jmichaelnave@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Merced Farmers' Market
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 18:03:45 -0700 (PDT)

It's not a matter of being stupid Jim. It's a matter
of cultural knowledge and expectations. Most of the
Hmong I have met were very intelligent, very
hardworking and trying to adjust to a completely alien
culture. I would far rather have most of them as
friends or neighbors than many people born here in the
US who have wallowed in welfare for generations, who
know nothing about agriculture and who feel that
working in the dirt is beneath them.