nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Help identifying apple disease

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Help identifying apple disease
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 19:25:35 -0500

Mark,

There also looks like there is some frass from dogwood borer in the cankers.  If you dig around in the canker and see some canals that looks like termites have been in the canker, chances are there are borer larvae in there at this time of the season.  We are getting ready to do our lorsban trunk spray on the burr knots of our mark and M26 rootstock trees that borers love to lay eggs in.  it is time for those eggs to hatch and the larvae should be active now.  it's usually the end of June or first of July when they are at work.