nafex - Re: [NAFEX] persimmon trees leafing out NOW

  • From: "JAMES ELIE" <tomelzear@earthlink.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] persimmon trees leafing out NOW
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 14:23:18 -0500

I have had the same thing happen to me.  An Ecos persimmon (about a foot in height) I picked up from Oikos Tree Crops this past spring has just leafed out within the last week.  From what I could see, it had passed on.  Luckily, I hadn't gotten around to pulling it.  The late leafing is a little perplexing.  All other persimmons had been leafed out for at least a month or better. Jim in Green Bay zone 4b/5a.