nafex - Re: [NAFEX] persimmon trees leafing out NOW

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] persimmon trees leafing out NOW
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 22:51:00 EDT

In a message dated 6/23/2007 9:28:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Jerrydana5@aol.com writes:

ok-is this unusual?  I transplanted 3 seedling persimmon trees last fall-one sprouted this spring and I gave the others up for dead.  But now, June 23rd, the other two are leafing out like it's April.  Has anyone else had this happen before, or am I just new to this strange tree?  Jerry in southern Indiana

Hi Jerry,

It isn't unusual for transplanted persimmon trees to leaf out very late. Next year they will leaf out in the same time frame as normal. Keep them watered. Doug Campbell once advocated watering newly planted persimmon trees with sun warmed water to speed them up.

Jerry

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.