nafex - Re: [NAFEX] off topic: roses

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "Anton Callaway" <marillen@earthlink.net>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] off topic: roses
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:26:14 -0500

Anton, I have seen a rose here that I'm pretty sure was Sarah Van Fleet, and it was pretty impressive looking. However, Rugosas don't like our clay soil, and I'm not interested in growing them, seeing as I make my living as a massage therapist. Even my thorniest varieties, the kordesii roses have spaces between the thorns. I know someone who has rugosas that do well, and they look good no matter what, even with Jap beetles all over them till you get up really close. Dona