nafex - [NAFEX] Beach Plum Drops

  • From: "Scott Williamson" <ScottW@acespower.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Beach Plum Drops
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:16:58 -0400

I've got three beach plums of different varieties.  This is their third year in the ground and each year they have bloomed profusely and set a few fruits.  I understand that pollination is not the best, however, both previous years all of the fruit has dropped after reaching about the size of a pea.  About this time of year.  I didn't know if that was normal or if there was anything I might do to help prevent at least some of them from dropping (other than watering through the drought this year).

I'm in Zone 5b central Indiana.