nafex - Re: [NAFEX] only slightly off topic: roses

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] only slightly off topic: roses
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:01:25 -0700

Roses are grown for their hips, so I think you're on topic... suckers coming
from below my rose grafts have been red, double, and thorny.

Sorry you were disappointed with the scent - I had scent-rose feature in a
garden, it was very, very pleasant, especially early in the am.

And big rugosas for the hips, but elsewhere on the property. You know, I'm
slowly planting out our new place, and hadn't thought of roses! I had
dozens before, scattered here and there, many kinds, mostly blending into
the landscape; they just looked homey. We have several flowering vines, and
I've grown many over the years, but nothing looked so right as a climbing
rose over the front gate...

~ Stephen.