nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Eliminating Japanese Beetles

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Eliminating Japanese Beetles
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:36:56 -0700

One of the most common reasons milky spore fails is that it's not widely
enough applied. If your site is under an acre, it's important to see if the
neighbors will also apply it. Even at an acre or more, the more widespread
the application, the better.

Milky Spore is reported to be less effective in certain areas. This could
be weather, or competing fungi. You might want to call local ag extension
and ask how effective it's been where you live.

~ Stephen