nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Illinois Everbearing Mulberry

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Illinois Everbearing Mulberry
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:04:45 -0500

Hector: I'm curious if you think Ill Everbearing is a zone 4 tree? If it gets damaged by late freezes down there...

~mIEKAL

On Jun 11, 2007, at 8:15 AM, hector black wrote:

Ill. Everbearing is our favorite mulberry. Delicious, bears over a longer
period than others we have tried. It was damaged by the late freeze but
despite the dead tip branches, it is putting out fruit. One of our trees is
quite old and the wood is not strong. Breaks branches in storms.
Hector Black zone 6 middle TN