nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Zone 3 Mulberries

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Zone 3 Mulberries
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:47:39 -0500

Jim, are they bearing fruit? How do they taste?.

I've got 5 or 6 russian mulberries from Bear Creek, the trees are quick growers, sturdy, but for some reason it has never ripened the fruit, I'm hoping this year will be different since the trees are loaded. I'm thinking an Illinois Everbearing would actually make it here now. I planted a few in the early 90s & they died. Madison WI has some famous old trees loaded with fruit, I need to get some cuttings..

~mIEKAL